Tuesday 12 July 2011

14th Day, last day!!

Today is my last day and really enjoyed it. All the people I've worked with along the way, the dancers, the slums, Hussein, the Warehouse, I managed to re-visit them. I brought some music I made back in England and for me it was my own little experiment to see how they will adapt with rhythms I am very familiar with, them using the rhythms in their own traditional dynamic. I've managed to put a little video clip together to show my jourmey here in Malawi. My journey here has been like going back to the basics and with my experience today I have learnt a lot. Malawi is a country of art, which I already knew but even bigger than I imagined. I have really enjoyed the people, how trusting they are to each other and how helpful they are which is a breath of fresh air. I will be catching my plane back tomorrow and really looking forward to putting my research into practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment